Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Green with Anger: McKibben says NYTimes ‘is turning poisonous on climate’
The Washington Post has no use for Hansen and McKibben’s anti-Keystone Xl activism either.
Twitter / keithkloor
Whenever Marc @ClimateDepot Morano retweets something of mine, I feel the hot breath of you know who (He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named) on me.
Why Environmentalists are Wrong on Keystone XL
Nor am I trying to bash Bill McKibben. Mutual friends have assured me that I would like him a lot if I met him (but they also tell me that he would never consent to allowing me to interview him about the technical merits of his arguments).
...
The reason many Keystone XL opponents have yet to come to this conclusion is that they are still convinced that yelling at the hurricane can make it change course. It can’t, but there are actually effective things that could be done to mitigate the impact of hurricanes. (See last week’s column How Oil Can Improve Our Long Term Energy Situation). But they won’t be pursued as long as people are convinced that shouting at the hurricane is making a difference.
Twitter / [Jake Schmidt, NRDC]
On a personal note: my house is now a solar power plant & solar hot water heater. Very attractive economics +huge climate benefits
Hey Jake: Please define "huge climate benefits" for me.  How much lower, in degrees C., will the Earth's temperature be in 2050 because of the solar energy generated this year at your house this year? 

No comments: